Not long ago I received an email. Many of you probably received the same. It stated that there was a competition, yes, a dating blog competition. I entered said competition . . . "this is not like me I thought, I am an engineer, I have no room, let alone time for something so trivial as expressive word games on a blog." The competition entailed writing two blog entries about LDS dating in Utah. "I've done a lot of that, I thought." So, I entered.
Here are the 5 parameters, and I will refer to them frequently:
1) No entry will be tied to current dating experience. There will be lag time, aka, a grace period in between actual lovin' on dates and word smackin'. So, if you go out with me you will not appear on this blog, at least not until months later, maybe years.
2) I will not offend or criticize people I know or those of the opposite sex. They may receive critiques however, in an "I'm not really talking about this person, but am generalizing my statements to cover the fact that I really am sort of way." Basically, don't assume I'm talking about you. We've all made these mistakes!
3) I will be giving my opinion, so nothing I say is fact.
4) This blog will be positive and constructive. I'm an engineer; I build. I'm not a demolitions expert; I will not destroy.
5) I am in control of the comments, therefore, don't waste your finger power punching up something you know I won't allow to be posted. Please comment however! Thank You.
Let's Get Started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment